Our Incredible Journey

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Tomorrow's the day!!!!!!!!!!

Hi There,

Today was a "tour-intensive" day! First we went to the Summer Palace... it was very interesting an beautiful. Our tour guide Helen is quite good and very knowledgable.

After the Summer Palace, we went to the Great Wall. Unfortunately the day was very overcast and it started to lightly rain. As I looked up the wall, I couldn't believe how steep it was. We
started walking up to the first tower. It was an extremely difficult climb up the uneven stairs. But I really wanted to go further so I just held onto the railing as these elderly Chinese gentlemen started passing me. The steps were so steep that it was like walking 2-3 normal steps at a time. It was extremely tiring, but... I did it!!! I made it to the 2nd tower. Then of course I realized that I had to get down.... duhhh. It was much easier walking backwards down the steps (while gripping the railing very tightly) :)

Tomorrow we fly out at 8:30am to Chongqing! We are told that we'll go to the hotel, have lunch, fill out some forms and then get the children at about 4:30pm. This will be my last post for a bit since I have to find out about the business center at the new hotel. Also it will depend on our little girl too. I can't believe this day is finally here. I guess it becomes real very soon :) :)

2 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger sharon K. said…

    Sweet Dreams guys! We can't wait to see you holding Hannah. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!
    17 hours and COUNTING!!!!!
    Love yas!
    Sharon, Andy & Taylor

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    Hi Donna & Eric,
    It is currently 8:10am local time for you, and you are probably just getting ready for your flight to Chongqing and Hannah!!!!! Know that we are thinking of you and that we are so excited for you!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures when you finally have Hannah in your arms.

    Love,
    Lisa~~
    Our Journey to Baby Shanahan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home